Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Friday, March 14, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for...

James' Preschool.  They had Pajama Day at school.  He wore his daddy's old robe....so sweet!





My little snowman.




Inexpensive outings to Rempke Cafe.  We let the boys pick out a treat and we sit at a table by the fire.  nothing fancy, but the boy's think it's awesome.  I just love any time i can get with all 3 of my men.




I was able to get a much needed haircut last week.  It's a time where i feel so pampered and refreshed. I got 5 1/2 inches taken off my locks.
BEFORE


AFTER

Even though overalls are not in style anymore, i still love to see my boys in them just once.  I think they are cute. :)





Celebrating my niece's 6th Birthday.  I am so thankful that my brother and sister in law moved up here to KY - it's so neat to see our kids play together.




Birthday Present for Abbi - my brother painted this!! From Tangled.

And Adam has come up with his own...i guess....signature silly walk. it's so funny!  I have no idea where he got it from either.

"BE JOYFUL ALWAYS, PRAY CONTINUALLY, GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES."

Pictures on blogs can be very deceiving.  Just like my posted pictures above, they capture the great moments.  The moments that we want to be shown - the fun, happy, and wonderful moments.  It would be funny and eye opening to see what really goes on behind and around the camera during those moments.  Most pictures of my boys are either after or right before a tantrum or a blow up diaper. haha! The reason why i share pictures and words about what i am thankful for is to dwell on the goodness of the Lord.  Despite hard circumstances.  Despite things that i can't control or change.  Despite uncertainty of the future.  I want to notice the good things in my life.  Though they may seem small or insignificant, there is great power in thankfulness.  With a thankful heart and mindset...your view changes.  Not circumstances or trials, but simply you. 
That is what i want to choose today...thankfulness. 
What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment