Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Surrounded By Boys

I never dreamed of having two boys in a row.  Now, as Adam's due date is approaching closer, i could not imagine my life any other way!  
As i think back on my life, God has prepared me (as much as He could haha) for a life filled with boys.  I was the only girl in my family.  Outnumbered by 3 brothers.  Sure, they would sometimes team up on me, but i loved knowing that i also had 3 "protectors."  
Every job i have ever had has involved kids - church nursery, teaching, daycare, working kid's sports camps, teaching dance, and nannying.  
My nannying job, i watched two boys.  Who were so precious!  
Whether i am to be outnumbered by "men" forever or just for now...i am completely content and happy with how my life is.  
I love finding little hotwheels cars all over the house.  I love that James is all about being outdoors.  I love seeing the father son bond that James and Ryan share.  And i love how, even at 2 years old, James treats me like i am the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world...and how i am the only woman for him...for now. 
I am excited to go through all of these things again with Adam.  Though they will have different personalities and interests, i will always treasure this time where i am the only woman in my boy's world!

So here are a few things that i am excited to to experience all over again with another boy:

Muddy Messes


Sweet Mommy Kisses



Riding Big Boy Bikes



Being Mommy's Little Helper


Teaching Him to Be Gentle and Caring



Teaching Him to be Adventurous 



And Watching Him Watch His Daddy



Thank you Lord for entrusting me with another one of Your sweet little bundles!  

Proverbs 22:6
"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."

Psalm 127:3
"Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."

No comments:

Post a Comment