Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Friday, May 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I haven't been able to blog as much lately, because everytime i try to during James' nap...our internet isn't working. Thankfully, Insight is coming out tomorrow to hopefully fix the problem. Adam's due date is drawing nearer and nearer. I find myself not being able to sleep at night. Not just from my scrunched up bladder, but just from thoughts of this little guy. I am praying that i will be able to sleep peacefully and comfortably these last couple of weeks...Lord knows how hard that is for a mother. haha! I am so excited to have another "baby." Whenever james sees my mid drift belly, he asks, "when is Adam coming?" I wish i knew! James is going to be a great big brother - he already has it all planned out what he and Adam will be doing when he arrives. He wants Adam to watch him play his cars and trains, eat snacks while watching Curious George, and play outside. I don't think James knows that Adam is not popping out a full sized toddler. haha.
 Yesterday, i had my Dr. Appointment. I was a little curious to see if there were any changes. My dr. checked my cervix and there is still no dilation...and maybe only a 5% effacement...nothing huge yet. Which, in most cases mothers would be disappointed, but i have to say that i am thankful. My wonderful Dr. left for vacation today until the 13th. She has another dr. backed up for me in case i do go into labor, but she and i both really want her to be the one to deliver Adam. Either way i will be fine. My Dr. asked that i not do anything next week until she gets back - keep your legs crossed and tell Ryan that the "batmobile has to stay out of the bat cave." haha! It is hard for a soon to be mom to rest and take it easy. You constantly think about all the things you want to get done before the little one arrives...but i know this will be good for me to take it easy - because once he does come, i really won't have the opportunity to take it easy for a while. :) Other than that, Adam is doing great! Heart beat is wonderful and is in the head down position. I am also thankful that i am full term. That was always a huge goal of mine (as is every mother's) to make it to full term - to be sure their all of the baby's organs are well developed.
 In the midst of thinking about baby #2, i have been trying to spend as much time as i can with my baby #1. I will miss and have to make it a priority to have one on one time with James once Adam comes. The other day, i had to run a few errands - James did so good while we were out. So i took him to the airport lookout until it was time to have lunch with Daddy.

 James Consentrating on every Airplane
Wearing Daddy's Sunglasses
I am so thankful for the time i have with my little doodlebug and for the fact that i am able to do it everyday. Being a stay at home mom is one of the biggest blessings to me. (thank you Ryan for working so hard so i can pursue my dream as a mommy) I finally finished the boy's burlap name meaning. I also made one for a fellow mommy from my mommy group and her new baby boy. Here are the photos:
I love this scripture! I want so badly to represent my Jesus well!
12 "Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. 16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." Colossians 3:12-17
 Have a Thankful Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment