Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Random Rachel

My life has been consumed with burp cloths and dirty diapers lately.  Along with wonderful cuddles and giggles.  The life of a mother is filled with the good, bad, and the dirty. haha!
Well, the road to potty training James is still a very....long...road. To say the least.  He is quite the stubborn child.  The typical first born.  It is basically going to come down to when he wants to do it.  Last week, we were given 2 tote fulls of hot wheels cars from our neighbors for James.  (we didn't let him see them) We thought it would be a great and sneaky way to get him to poo poo in the potty.  I wrapped them up and set the big wrapped boxes on the kitchen table.  That way he would see it everyday and hopefully be motivated to use the potty.  He tried...once.  The presents are still sitting on the table after 5 days.  I think James sees them as home decor now. haha! We remind him everyday that he will get the presents if he goes pee pee or poo poo in the potty.  His response is always "No thanks...I'm good." I am tired of cleaning man sized poop in a diaper! haha! At least i wrapped one of them in Christmas wrapping, because he may not be opening them until then. :) I need patience and more diapers. haha.

The weather has been gorgeous lately! We have been trying to take advantage of being outside or going to the park.

Adam is thriving so well!  He is in 6 months and some 6 - 9 month clothes now.  James was still in the 0-3 month gowns at this age.  He is our bubbly little child.  In the mornings, when he has gotten enough sleep, he'll lay there and just yell/talk until i go and get him.  It's not a cry just yell talk. It's cute....when it's past 630am. haha!
James is outgrowing his toddler bed.  In the middle of the night when i check on him, his legs are sometimes off the bed while his upper body is on.
Our boys are growing way to fast!  Life really is like a quick breath.  I'm trying as much as i can, no matter how tempting it is, to not get on the Internet until they are napping.  I want to make each moment count with them.  I know if i had an iPhone, which i don't, i would be useless. haha.

Today after i put james down for his nap, i got some one on one time with Adam for a bit.  I just love how joyful he is!

While i was pregnant, i started making Adam a mobile for his crib.  I found a cute idea with rain and clouds.  I just used felt and cotton.  The hoop was actually an embroidery hoop that i painted.  It was not expensive, but it did take a lot of time.  I finally got it hanging up today and hope that it will stay up. haha.


As i was making this i realized that Adam's crib set is Noah's Ark....a little morbid don't you think that i picked rain? haha!

I know i haven't posted much about exercising lately.  I have been working out everyday except Sunday.  I use Sunday to really stretch and rest.  (i love stretching!)
After only about a month of really working out, i have noticed my strength in my core is coming back.  I had a lot of back aches during and even after being pregnant.  Did you know that a lot of back pain is contributed to a poor core?  If you strengthen your core, your back will benefit from it.  Your posture is better and you learn to things through your core and your legs instead of your back.  Such as lifting heavy kids or groceries.  Even bending over.  Quite amazing.
Even though i don't have Jillian Michael shaped abs, i am noticing a difference in how i feel and even look since I've started exercising.
Today i actually did a Jillian Micahels workout.  It is called Banish Fat Boost Your Metabolism Cardio workout.  I just Youtubed it.  It is very long and makes you sweat.  She goes through each circuit twice.  Since i am crunched for time, i just did each circuit once including the warmup and a stretch afterwards.

Here is the link to the first Circuit:
http://youtu.be/tJ593Z7MKs8

*To continue on through circuits 2-7 (i think) just browse for them and they should pop up.  Each circuit is about 6-7 minutes long. Get ready to sweat! You don't need any weights or equipment.  Your body does ALL the work!  (James liked doing the kick boxing stuff with me)*

Sorry this blog is very random!  Have a Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment