Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thankful Thursday

This past month has been filled with lessons for me.  You know how i am always about how important it is to be "thankful"...hence the title. :) It's like God was testing my thankful heart all month long.  I have been able to step out on the other side of things and see why and even how God used circumstances for our good.  Granted, most of the time i do not know where He is leading me or even how good can come out of certain situations....but in those "throw my hands up in the air" moments....i know (sorry this sounds cheesy) that He wants me to throw up my hands in praise and thankfulness despite how i feel, what is happening around me, and when things get hard, exhausting, confusing...etc. :)

I am so thankful for His daily lessons.  He uses situations, my marriage, even my kids to reach me.

I am thankful for these two silly butterballs...

This awesome Playground set, given to us by awesome friends....still am shocked every time i see it.  The boys love it! And i love that i don't always have to drive to the park. :)


 I am thankful that i am outnumbered by awesome little men everyday. :)



This sweet face that i get to look at every morning at breakfast.


Witnessing James getting bigger.  This little guy knows how to use a shovel...now if only i can get him to dig up weeds. 


 Simple things...like flying a kite.


Wet, open mouth kisses.


Catching up with cousins over lunch.


Adam learning to ride a little Trike.

Seeing the boys get closer...this sweet moment happened right before a loud fight between the 2 of them. haha!


 A little night out with James - Reading Night at his Preschool.


For James' Preschool. They had a story walk - you follow the story as you walk outside.  James' teacher, Miss Kim, is awesome at telling Bible stories.  She did Jonah and the Whale.
                           

   We got to see Gammy there too.


For crafting time.  I am finding out that i just love to Create. Decor, art, babies...you name it. haha!
I call these the - "While They Were Napping Crafts"

Bed Sheet Striped Curtains

Paint Stick Sunburst Mirror
I'll try to do a DIY blog and show step by step of these two crafts in a future post.  I have 2 more curtains to make - I'll take better pics for that. :)



Our new washer was delivered yesterday.  Yes, our dear old washer bit the dust last week.  Though there is never good timing to buy an appliance, i am thankful that we will have clean clothes again.  And for my mom who let me do loads of laundry at her house. :)  


And this little guy...said he wanted to go potty...and that is what he did.  He just sat there and said "pee pee potty"...hey, it's a big step for a soon to be 2 year old.

And lastly, i am thankful that i am packing up to go on a little trip with just my hubby for the weekend.  It is much needed!

"Do not fear what this day, or any day, may bring your way.  Concentrate on trusting Me and on doing what needs to be done.  Relax in My sovereignty, remembering that I go before you, as well as with you, into each day.  Fear no evil, for I can bring good out of every situation you will ever encounter." - Jesus Calling
(Scripture Reference - Genesis 50:20, Psalm 23:4)

Have a thankful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment