Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thankful Thursday


This week has been a hard week, to say the least. I think majority of my viewers are women, so i don't really feel ashamed in saying what's been going on lately. Ryan and i have been trying for baby #2. We haven't been trying long, but long enough for me to start thinking of baby names, room arrangements, and prenatal exercises. haha. The beginning of the week, i was so sick - nausea, tiredness, weepiness...all symptoms of being preggo. I was even a few days late with my cycle. We were excited, but still cautious because my periods have been somewhat irregular. Yesterday morning around 4am, i woke up with horrible cramps in my tummy. The kind that is immpossible to fall back to sleep. I rolled and rolled on the bed to try to get comfortable but it was no use...i knew what was coming. haha. I went to the downstairs bathroom, so i wouldn't wake up the boys, and sure enough i had started. At first i was a little freaked out, sorry if this is gross, but i had a huge clot. I thought, 'am i having a miscarriage.' (i wasn't, but it was still scary) I started balling - hello hormones. I wasn't pregnant. It is amazing how we can build up something in our minds even if we don't know if it's real or not. I am very thankful though, that i was not miscarrying.
Yesterday, I tried to stay on top of the crampiness. james was so sweet, giving me hugs and kisses and actually being good. haha. 5pm rolled around, i was cooking dinner while james was playing the back yard. I heard james say "daddY". I went out to the back yard, and there walked Ryan with flowers and chocolate! I wanted to cry right then and there. What an amazing husband!
Sometimes it is hard talking to others about what is going on in your life - results in blogging i guess. haha. But i am so happy that i have a husband, my best friend, who listens, comforts, understands, and loves. Men like that are hard to find...I'm glad i found him!
~thankful for flowers and pretzel m&ms
~james and his sweet smile
~my mom and her encouragement
~gingerale
~trips to river road park
~God's amazing mercy!
Have a thankful day!

The beautiful flowers and chocolate that Ryan brought me

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, this made my heart smile =) You've got such an amazing husband, and family!!

    ReplyDelete