Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Eyes of a Child

Today has been such a great day. laid back enough for me to just take time and enjoy my baby boy. We lathered up in sunscreen to go play in the sunshine. I laid out while i watched and admired how everything is so exciting to my little 20 month old. Every time an airplane flys over head, he drops whatever he is doing looks at me and opens his mouth really wide and gasps. haha. Then he points at the amazing thing flying through the sky.
That got me thinking, how amazing would it be if we had eyes like a child. My son is literally a fearless little thing. He is also very curious which could result in safety issues and heart attacks for a mama. haha. James loves trying to catch bees, jump and run through mulch, and sit on daddy's motorcycle. Yes, those are all boy traits...but does he have to explore such dangerous things so soon? He looks at everything as an adventure and as something to explore and discover. He does not see the world as a harmful place. The closet thing he has come to fear is going to the church nursery. haha. (he does not like it!) He takes in everything with a smile and open heart. To see someone who hasn't been scarred by the ways of life is just so....well...innocence is the only word that comes to mind. The innocence of a child....there is nothing like that.
In Pslam 127:3 says "...children are a reward from Him." That is so true to me. Despite the days and hours where i want to pull my hair out....i consider myself the most blessed woman to have my son James.
Another example of why would should take lessons from our children is found in Matthew 18:1-4 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, 'Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?' He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said, 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
So parents, lets take a lesson from our toddlers and try to see life through their eyes.


James loves petting animals!


James wanted to ride on the big tractor!


....Always smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment