Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dreams

Yesterday, while James was napping. i managed to have some much needed quiet time with the Lord. Everyday i try to spend time with Him, but it usually is quick and surfacey...hey i am a mom!
I have been reading a Joyce Meyer book. One chapter was dedicated to dream/goals. At the end she asks to list dreams that you have for yourself on paper with no limit. I was excited, i got my paper and pen...and just starred at the blank page. I could not think of ANY dreams/goals that i had for myself. Not one! How pathetic, right? I started to actually get upset with myself, because i have always been a huge dreamer all of my life! But not at this moment in time.
Since i was little i always wanted to marry Ryan and have kids....Done that! haha. I obtained those dreams.
I put my empty list aside and just started talking to God. A lot of things started to surface while i was doing so. I mentioned up above that i have always been a big dreamer, right? That is all well and good, but usually if you are a huge dreamer...that's pretty much all you do is dream...never put anything into action. Worry, fear, anxiousness, apprehension you name it, i have been feeling it. Since Ryan's job is turning south, that has postponed are baby #2 plans for a while. Plus with the stress that's been eating up with him, i can't help but want to take some of that on. While i was praying to God, i started listing out all of things I've been worried about like "How will i be able to handle two kids?" "Can my body handle another baby?" And yes, i know those are all really silly, especially since i am not even pregnant! haha. I skimmed through my Bible and found one of my favorite scriptures - Philippians 4:6-7 (MESSAGE VERSION) "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."
Another version says "His peace which transcends all understanding will guard your mind and heart in Christ Jesus."
Isn't that awesome! After reading that and praying that to God, i felt His wonderful peace. Yes, i do not know what is a head for us, but i do not want that to stop me from dreaming and living out those dreams!
I grabbed my paper and pen, once again, and was able to fill 3 1/2 pages of dreams/goals i have for myself and our family.
I also realized that i have had a hard time dreaming dreams for myself, is because i am a full time mother, and you feel like your dreams are wrapped up in them. Plus i am living a dream of mine that i had all of my life - to be a wife and mother!
The first three goals i have for myself i will share with you, because if i listed all the rest...it would be too long. haha.
1) To come to God first before reacting with and in worry, anxiousness, and fear
2) To be a better and more godly wife for my husband
3) To be a great example for my kids
So Dream for your family and for yourself! Even if it's something like learning to sew, or cook, visit a foreign country, or start new traditions with your family...those are all goals/dreams!
Enjoy your day and enjoy your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment