Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sick Little Doodlebug

Well, it's been a while in blog posting days. Our little family has been battling sickness right and left for the past week or so. Last week, Ryan was sick with a throat virus - sore throat and congestion. He had gone to the doctor, but left with only what he took...a virus. Viruses are yucky because you basically have to wait it out. It was hard on him being sick, but it gave me an opportunity to take care of him. He eventually got over the virus by the weekend. Well, Sunday night, it hit me...nasty sore throat. I was up all night trying my best not to swallow what seem to be knives. I was supposed to work Monday morning, but thankfully they were so nice enough to find me a replacement last minute. I am so glad i did! I did not mention on top of all this, our house's air conditioner froze up! It has been in the 90s and so humid. Needless to say, we were uncomfortably hot! I honestly could not tell if i had a fever or if i was just hot from lack of cool air.
On Monday early morning, i took James over to my parents house so we could be comfortable in an air conditioned home. Plus, i really needed to rest from not sleeping the night before. 9am rolls around, and i noticed James was acting a little odd. Not playing as much and constantly wanted me to hold him. Which was hard, because i did not want him to catch what i had. (i tied blankets around my mouth so i couldn't breathe on him) Next thing i knew, his nose was draining like crazy. Then he had chills. I took his temperature and it was 102.5! He was miserable. I was miserable. Thankfully by the evening our air conditioner was fixed and my throat started to feel so much better - gargle warm salt water. i know that sounds gross but it helps!
It was so nice to be back home where James was more comfortable and we had all of his things. We were so thankful for my family letting us stay over at their place even though we were sick.
Last night, James was up and down crying, snotty, and running fever. As much as i hate giving him medicine, i am trying to give him Tylenol round the clock. When his fever spikes he is a totally different kid - lethargic and non active....nothing like our boy. This morning when he woke up, he was pulling at his ears. I am glad i saw him do it - i took him to the doctor and turns out he has an ear infection in both ears. At least we can give him something for that, but as far as the cold like symptoms, they basically have to go away on their own.
I have been feeling pretty crumby all day with sinus pressure and stress. But it is so amazing how you can put all your sick symptoms aside when you know that one of your babies is sick. Adrenaline kicks in big time. James has been laying on the couch, sipping pedilyte juice and water while watching toy story all day. Praise the Lord, he is actually taking a long nap! I hope he is feeling much better when he wakes up.
God please give me strength and healing so i can be there for my baby! And please bring comfort and healing to James!
I could not resist taking pictures of him. If any of you know our little boy, he does not sit still AT ALL!

James laying perfectly still while watching Toy Story

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and i will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for i am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30
"...For your Father know what you need before you ask Him..." Matthew 6:8
"...And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them..." Mark 10:16

No comments:

Post a Comment