Everyday Happenings Of A Wife And Mother

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

UK, A BEAUTIFUL DAY, AND BOWS

Saturday, we drove down to Lexington to visit my youngest brother Joe at UK college. (I am still and will always be a Duke fan) The campus was so nice! Unlike the surrounding of concrete at NKU, UK had beautiful brick buildings. The library was my favorite. It was enormous! I literally felt like i was in Beauty and the Best!


James was so good! The best he has been in a long time. He did great sitting in the car for the long drive and sitting in his stroller while Joe gave us a long walking tour of the campus.

JAMES LOVES HIS UNCLE "O" (JOE)- JAMES HOLDING HIS HAND WHILE STROLLING AROUND



WE ATE AT A FABULOUS ITALIAN RESTARAUNT NEAR CAMPUS (YUM!)



After we ate dinner, the guys (my dad, ryan, and joe) went to the UK game while my mom, james, and i drove home.
The next day, my mom took me to see the movie The Help. Great movie! i cried a lot of course. It made me want to read the book too. Sunday was such a great day with my mom, movies, and michaels craft store!

Monday, the weather surprised us with sunshine and beautiful autumn blue skies! I know i've rambled on and on about the blue skys before, but my goodness! It is literally the most beautiful color i have ever seen.
Since it was nice out, i decided to have a little picnic outside with james for lunch. He was so tickled by it! He was so cute sitting on the blanket eating his lunch.




He loved looking at the blue sky too.


Even Rocky seemed excited. haha!


Such a beautiful day!



Our lunch was cut shorter than i would have liked by a nasty yellow jacket (bee) that kept buzzing around us. I hate bees! With a passion! I managed to kill it! Victory! But then i remembered that when you kill bees they put off a scent to tell their bee friends to come and attack! haha. I wasn't taking a chance. We went for a nice leisurely walk through the neighborhood instead.


It was such a nice day with my doodlebug!

During his naptime, i found some neat bow tutorials online and decided to give it a whirl. I just used whatever ribbon and supplies i had ( a little limited) but it was fun! I'd like to get a little better and actually choose fabric and ribbons that i like. But this is a great craft especially if i have a girl...or if my niece Abbi starts wearing bows. haha!


Well, James is waking up from his nap! Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment